Sales Channel Strategy Review
Selecting the proper sales channel is a process of evaluating the benefits and costs of how each organization goes to market. There are multiple options: export management companies, adding distributor sales partners, selling direct from HQ, hiring your own remote sales team or using any combination of the above for select markets.
A set of tools can be developed to weigh the merits of each option. Some of the tools which I have developed are:
· Evaluating costs vs. benefits of each option
· Defining the Roles and Responsibilities of channel partners
· Optimizing digital marketing tools to find customers in new markets
. Developing competency profiles of prospective channel partners
· Interviewing and selecting channel partners
· On boarding and setting metrics for new channel partners
· Negotiating channel partner manuals and business agreements
Jim has provided manufacturing organizations individualized and regionalized scorecards of leading and lagging indicators to benchmark and improve relations with channel partners. He has also developed review meeting templates to guide the review process.
Coaching and Mentoring